Monday, February 25, 2008

Change


A recent talk about a possible recession is scary! The dollar decreasing in value is crazy! The sudden increase in the foreclosure rate is insane! Government corruption is totally unacceptable!

The United States is a country who should progress rapidly and efficiently and not be detested by many foreign countries. But the more I read and see the animosity is still present. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and some might agree or disagree with mine; but, the facts are evident. The Bush administration has done a horrible job. For example, every time I think about the war in Iraq I get extremely angry and upset. How can we change another country when there is hunger and poverty in our own backyards? I understand we want to fix Iraq, but don’t you think we need to fix ourselves first. Approximately 490 billion dollars have been spent on the war in Iraq. War on terror or war for oil? Do you know what 490 billion dollars can do for our country? Perhaps, better the school systems; help towards the development of environment friendly sources of energy; healthcare for all…I can go on and on; but you get the point. Did you know that Halliburton’s Iraq contracts; a major oil company once operated by Dick Cheney is worth about 9.6 billion dollars? Ironic??? I’ll let you decide! This is just one example out of many that points towards the need for change.

So, is it time for change??? That is what the democratic candidates are emphasizing and I totally agree with them. “I’m asking you to believe. Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington…I’m asking you to believe,” expressed Senator Obama at one of his campaigns. Hillary Clinton is also utilizing the same concept in her campaigns. Her New Hampshire campaign was titled, “Change we need,” and in her speech she expressed, “I will bring my experience to the white house starting on day one. That’s right: Change our country.” I am not saying who to vote for because both candidates have good policies for change; but, what I am saying is go out there and vote. We need change in this country…its evident!

No comments: